As mentioned, I am back with another Carnival Cruise Line blog post! If you are new to my blog, then Hello, Hi, Welcome :) As you may know, I just got back from my Honeymoon with Carnival Cruise (Well, 4 months ago) And thought I would share all of my knowledge of the CHEERS Carnival Beverage Program!
Also! Be sure to check out my honeymoon video at the end of this post! :)
So let's get down to the nitty gritty. Is the CHEERS Beverage Program worth the price? We pre- paid $51.95 per day for the two of us- which allotted us 15 drinks each. AND Guests also must be 21 years or older to purchase the drink program. That's probably a given though...
- The CHEERS program is great if you are a drinker, like me. For instance, every Seaday Brunch I would order one (okay...two) two mimosas with my breakfast. If I remember correctly, these each priced out to be $9.50 each. That is $19 on just brunch for myself. Then a margarita or two at lunch, few glasses of wine at our Elegant Night Dinner, a toast of champagne with dessert- obviously it was our honeymoon! You can imagine how much money each of us would have spent on each drink..
- The CHEERS program allows you to venture out there and order a drink you wouldn't normally buy if you were paying right out of pocket. So my husband and I had never tried martinis- so of course we ordered ourselves a martini to try out. If we didn't like it, it didn't feel like such a waste of money.
- You can order top shelf alcohol. Forget the $18.99 Sams Club Tequila! "I will have another chilled shot of Don Julio with a lime please". You're on vacation! The package covers any drink up to $50. So feeling bouji, I ordered myself a shot of tequila that was almost $17. I wouldn't have done this if I didn't have the drink package.
- Stress Free. It's as easy as that. The CHEERS package includes a 15% gratuity so you don't have to hassle with leaving tips.
- It's not JUST alcohol. I was able to order specialty coffees, water bottles, teas, and other non-alcoholic drinks.
- To purchase the CHEERS program, each person boarding in the same room must purchase the package. For example, my husband I both purchased the drink package since we were in the same room.
- You cannot buy a round. Even for just the two of us, I could not purchase a drink for my husband on my program and vise versa. I mean you CAN buy a round, it just won't be covered by your CHEERS program- it will be charged to your sign and sail card.
- My cruise departed from Galveston, TX. In Texas and New York, the beverage program doesn't start until the second day of the cruise. It has something to do with state laws, I don't know. But that first day on the cruise, you are responsible for purchasing all your own drinks.
So here is my verdict. I am allll about the CHEERS carnival drink program and totally think its worth the money. And here is why: I enjoy drinking alcoholic beverages. AND I drink pretty pricey drinks. If you will only have 2-3 beers a day- then you'd probably be better off without the program. But if you are like me and drink two mimosas in the morning, two margaritas at lunch, few glasses of wine at dinner, etc.. then I would definitely purchase the program. It will save you some serious money in the long run.
I really hope this helps some of you are/were in the same boat as me. (Pun entirely intended)